As a school we take pride in our appearance. We take steps to ensure we keep costs reasonable.
From Reception- Year 6 the uniform consists of:
- Black jumper, cardigan or sleeveless jumper with school logo is required.
- White shirt or blouse
- Black / gold striped school tie
- Grey trousers / shorts / skirts / pinafore
- Yellow summer dresses in the summer term (optional)
- Sensible dark shoes. No trainers
- Coat or jacket suitable for all weather conditions
- reading bag (NO rucksacks) – Children in Reception will be provided with a reading bag during their first week of school.
Our PE Kit consists of:
- White or yellow t-shirt or polo shirt
- trainers/ school pumps
- black school shorts or cycling shorts
Jumpers, cardigans, ties, reading bags and PE bags can all be ordered and purchased at the school office. Items, without the school logo on them, can also be bought at other local uniform outlets, supermarkets as long as they are the correct colour and style. School also offer a uniform swap week at the end of each academic year.
It is important that all clothing is labelled with the child’s name, so that it can be identified if lost. We do have a lost property box at school so if your child’s clothes are named they can be easily reunited.
We request that children’s hairstyles should be appropriate for school. It is not permitted to have designs shaved into very short haircuts. Children with hair longer than shoulder length must have their hair tied back. This is for the health and safety of children during class lessons and during PE.
To avoid accidents and distress caused by loss (accidental or otherwise), we must insist that jewellery is not worn in school. Children may however wear a wristwatch. Only small, stud earrings are permitted and parents are requested to have their children’s ears pierced at the beginning of the Summer Holiday so that they have healed for the start of the new school year. Earrings must be taken out for PE lessons. Staff are not permitted to help remove earrings or cover with plasters.